YouTube deleted 95% of my subscribers, due to their "massive clean-up of spam accounts."

YouTube has gone crazy and deleted 95% of subscribers on a Channel I listed here. The Channel had 62000 subscribers last night, I wake up today to find out it only has 3900. I did a full audit on this property but failed to look at the subscribers growth chart, which showed some odd activity. The channel had plenty of videos that reached 5-6 digits in views, it all look legitimate so I had my guard down. Lesson learned and I am glad I didn’t pass this onto anyone. This is why you should NEVER-EVER let your guard down. The seller was nice, he ID verified, he even added me as a manager to check the stats. Since there were so many views on a couple of videos I thought this is all legit, and I decided to skip the growth chart. But no, it turns out he purchased fake subs. A great reminder that you just never know.

How about you? Did you lose any subscribers?

Would love to hear if you survived this massive cleanup. For more info visit:

And here is official Googles statement:

2 Likes

Companies that sell fake subs are waking up to some bad news today and a bunch of chargebacks, that’s for sure. I hope they all burn in hell and come crashing down.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

It’s not about the loss, it’s about the fact that YouTube security sucks and people are still able to buy 50k fake subs.

53 views on his Last video, that make sense now.

Even 100k channels can’t top 100-500 views quite often when the video sucks. YouTube isn’t like other platforms, the views are very inconsistent and it greatly depends on the quality of the content. So that didn’t throw me off. Like I have said, lesson learned.

So how much for the 3900 channel now?

I am disputing it at the moment. If I don’t win, I will give it away free in our VIP section. If the seller agrees to refund, I will give it back to him.

The Channel is monetized so I guess it still holds value. Honestly even at this level it’s still worth what I paid for it :smiley: Someone will put it to good use.

Heyyyy. 10k Subs is the limit to be sold on this Forum. So, you can’t sell it now here. Thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

Whatever bro, this site is stupid I will sell on fameswap. lol this site is full of scammers, even admin has fake subs.

4 Likes

I have one YouTube channel that when I saw this was happening, had a pretty bad feeling that it was going to get hit hard and lose a ton of subscribers, but, I only lost like 300 which I was EXTREMELY surprised about haha (had bought it on the low-side from a user thinking that it was definitely botted)

Hey @SWAPD i might still be interested in chucking a few quid for it as its in the niche i work in plus i dont have any yt channels so be a good one to have a play with :slight_smile:

Let me know :wink:

I am disputing the seller right now. If he decides to be cool I will give the channel back upon refund. If he doesn’t, I will fight it to the end and give it out in our VIP section to the first person who responds to my topic.

1 Like

I need clarification on something for me and anyone else who might be curious.
Is this more about “the buyer is ALWAYS right?”

What do you mean by that?

Who is this question directed to and what do you mean exactly?

Have not heard the sellers side! Only your side. You want a refund yes but lets put the following into consideration
Time since you bought the page and now.
Seller current situation! Or ask him what happened
And since you want to return the account back to him. Just return the account the way it was including the followers you lost in your possession ( this is on you not him). No blames on the seller. You do audits. Am sure they tell you fake/botted account. Doesn’t make sense that it slipped your mind. I always read every post you put here. Never have i ever seen you talking about the seller side or his/her loss just the buyers side and the mistakes of the seller
We want both sides and let us decide and account for everyone loses.
You need to have a soul when making judgment before rushing for refunds and etc…

Its directed to the admins i need clarification

Have not heard the sellers side! Only your side. You want a refund yes but lets put the following into consideration

The seller came from ViralAccounts.com. We don’t allow staff to resell pages bought on SWAPD, it’s against rules. This rule is set in place to prevent admins from using their position to get a better deal.

Time since you bought the page and now.
Seller current situation! Or ask him what happened

I called, no answer. I emailed, no answer.

And since you want to return the account back to him. Just return the account the way it was including the followers you lost in your possession ( this is on you not him). No blames on the seller. You do audits. Am sure they tell you fake/botted account.

Actually, we have a questionnaire on ViralAccounts that asks “Have you ever engaged in purchasing fake followers/activity?” The seller answered no. And did you really just suggest I purchase fake subscribers before I return it? Are you trolling?

Doesn’t make sense that it slipped your mind. I always read every post you put here. Never have i ever seen you talking about the seller side or his/her loss just the buyers side and the mistakes of the seller

I am a human, I make mistakes. It’s all about risk and probability. I bought this thing cheap, so to me, the risk was low. When the risk is low, the guard is also down. All other metrics checked out, I only skipped one page (sub growth). I don’t remember the last time someone tried to sneak fake subs on SWAPD, that’s how rare these things happen with YouTube Channels. That is what caused me to drop my spidey sense.

We want both sides and let us decide and account for everyone loses.

Who is “we”. Who do you represent and who do you speak for? So far, it’s only you asking these questions.

You need to have a soul when making judgment before rushing for refunds and etc…

I have been doing this for almost 10 years now. I know in a very instant when I’ve been wronged, even if it’s due to my mistake of not checking for things. The fact is, the seller lied, I didn’t check, and we ended up with a perfect scenario. I have a soul, it seems like you’re suggesting otherwise. I go out of my fricking way everytime someone gets wronged here.

2 Likes