Attention All Company Reps: Partner with SWAPD for a Unique Opportunity!

That’s unfair, but at the same time, this is business. If you had an opportunity to undercut ANYONE on this site, wouldn’t you take it? Or would you hold up to some moral stand you are trying to make here?

2 Likes

And swapd undercutting all resellers here in the name of business :frowning:

1. We have no moral obligation to protect resellers, period.
  2. If your service is good, it will defend itself.
  3. We’re here to provide middleman services, and we believe we do that reasonably well.
  4. We’re also here to make sure new clients and prospects roll in, and this is one of our attempts of doing it.
7 Likes

@SWAPD I’ve recently noticed a surged in the sign-ups of resellers from local market that are openly copying and pasting listings from other forums and groups.

And when you reach them out to buy or something, they don’t own it or have access too.

Do something about that too, the facebook pages section is just filled up with spam listings like that

3 Likes

Trust me i’m all for it haha, but I could see how people would get annoyed about this.

Competition comes into a big play here as well. It’s like a seller offering Forbes placements, then this representative just comes and offer it themselves. It doesn’t make it exclusive anymore, and it’s just a big ‘ugh’ feeling to the seller.

REsellers who would be annoy at this as well would need to pray that their clients are not familiar with SWAPD, as it’ll be allowing that easy bridge for them to just utilise the site and do the things/purchases themselves. Once again, ruining the things for the sellers

5 Likes

Considering that we do around 600 refunds per month, I will be happy to see some resellers go. So many people don’t deliver that I am turning into @holma.

10 Likes

Incentivizing reps to work directly with Swapd can undermine the seller base, though I think it would mostly affect resellers and create a better experience for buyers.

I was the first to offer Twitter Gold verifications and initially provided this service exclusively. I took the initiative to connect with the representative, build rapport, create a listing, set pricing, generate demand, negotiate with buyers, and execute the verifications. I successfully verified many brands with same-day turnaround times and even had resellers bringing in cases. If my representative had reached out to Swapd and started working with him, it could have significantly impacted my sales. While it would have been unfortunate, that’s just how business works, and I don’t think I’d have a strong argument against it. Anyone has the freedom to recruit representatives. The key difference is that Swapd benefits from instant credibility due to him being an admin and his ability to post a prominent notice on the website and recruit easily.

My main concern is the potential long-term legal liabilities that could result in Swapd being personally implicated and the site ultimately being shut down.

3 Likes

This is why we would never engage in questionable requests. We genuinely want to offer the scorned/needing a way to contact someone who can help.

2 Likes

If we’re going to talk about morals, 9 out of 10 vendors with “reps” here charge between $2,000 and $20,000 above the actual price.

8 Likes

I’m in favor of implementing listing fees to weed out non-serious sellers. I think most serious sellers would pay the fee because it would ultimately give them more exposure (less listings) and a better experience for buyers. Won’t solve the problem, but may drastically help. Anyone who actually has a direct rep or valuable service and can deliver would not be affected.

3 Likes

Big vouch for this. Sourcing real rep-related support directly via SWAPD just makes sense for various reasons.

1 Like

This is a bad decision. Will unnecessarily act as a negative PR being a underground forum where support agents of various companies fulfil requests by charging money which they aren’t supposed to do.

You should drop this idea. Cheers!

4 Likes

Most onlookers already portray us as such.

This happens daily on SWAPD. Has been for the past seven years.

That’s up to the will of the rep. How many times did someone unjustly lost their livelihood because their profitable social media accounts got canned in an unfair algo ban? With no hopes of recovery because no one will answer heir call?

F these billion dollar corporations LMAO. They act in bad faith and do shady crap all the time, costing people thousands to millions of dollars. i.e. How do you think I feel paying six figures for likes on FB only to be able to reach 1% of my audience? How do you think I feel when a page gets unjustly disabled? They provide little to no support, so reps like this are needed. And they know that. Hence why they don’t take action when they have plausible deniability. However, when someone raises too many red flags, they do get canned.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Additionally, X is directly charging for usernames now & most platforms charge for verification. So who cares if their employees engage in such actions to provide support for payment - especially if Swapd is vowing to stick to moral requests and not blackhat / illegal ones.

3 Likes
  • Facebook conducts social experiments on people/teens.
  • Trustpilot is selling fake reviews to megacorps.
  • Sites like Reddit manipulate results to get the leftist agenda going.
  • Twitter (before Musk) was dystopianly censored.
  • Facebook does the same.

As @GOAT said, there is no remorse for any of these companies.

1 Like

There will be much more articles as compared to now. Unnecessarily negative PR which you can definitely avoid.

You aren’t looking at this thing in “longer term scenario” which will be hurtful. Being rebellious is one thing, being rebellious with entities who have upper hand is just plain stupid.

No one can prove that. But by recruiting reps officially you are just inviting a lawsuit where your company will be unnecessarily dragged in case someone is caught.

That won’t justify anything honestly which you’re doing now.

So you’ll just straight away bribe their company officials to help them. Please have a meeting with your team and look at all aspects. To maintain a longevity of this business let the operations be as it is now.

Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

featuring Twitter/X (direct as a company)