Changes regarding methods & mentorships

Effective immediately, we will no longer permit the following actions on our platform:

1. Zoom/Skype calls
  2. Sharing methods via disposable transfer links/emails
  3. Communication via Privnote or other disposable message services
  4. Sharing open online documents (download them as docx or PDF, and share the file instead)

While this may seem like a drastic measure, unfortunately, it has become necessary due to the misuse of these features by some individuals, which has negatively impacted the experience for everyone else.

We have become aware that certain sellers who offer methods and mentorships have taken advantage of our trust in them by sharing offsite contacts in documents transferred via emails, disposable transfer sites, and Privnote links.

In summary, if you are unable to provide your service or deliver your method/mentorship without contacting SWAPD members outside of SWAPD or sending files via email/disposable transfer links, you will no longer be able to offer your services on our platform.

Exceptions may be granted in certain cases by the SWAPD staff, but these will be extremely limited and will require unanimous approval from our administrators.

18 Likes

we’re waiting for an attack, I’m already scared :pray::saluting_face:

4 Likes

I will admit some sellers have passed me their contact info via these methods with the purpose of communicating off site. I personally lock PDF files and provide the password via a privnote to prevent anyone other than the buyer from accessing the document. Hopefully this is still allowed.

It’s not. If the purpose is to hide it after use, you can delete your SWAPD message. It won’t be visible to anyone but staff.

1 Like

What if you upload the file to Google Drive then share that link within the ticket? Thats fine?

No, because Google Docs / Drive records emails of people who access them. If you’re sharing a document, you can share a PDF file, or a .docx.

When sharing Google Docs links, nothing is stopping you from going back into the file and adding your contact details.

2 Likes

Ok. The purpose of this was to prevent Swapd staff from accessing guides. If the PDF is unlocked and or the password is public in the message, it’s technically exposed to more users than just the buyer. Not arguing, just telling my personal experience. People have abused it for sure

And that’s exactly the problem. All communication is subject to moderation on SWAPD, including files shared. There is not a single method that hasn’t already been exposed to us.

2 Likes

No one wants to contact me outside of swapd anyway

6 Likes

I must say that your concerns are unfounded. We have no interest in selling or giving away the PDF, nor will we use it for our own benefit - I would say that you and other users who sell methods should be selling limited because you see every 2 days sold method is being re-selling by someone on-site/offsite-etc.

2 Likes

Yeah, nothing personal. I’m aware Swapd is privy to most, if not all current methods, but there may be a time where I want to sell contact info to a rep that Swapd isn’t already privy to, and I wouldn’t want anyone but the buyer to see it. But all valid concerns considering members have abused this and it’s impossible to moderate otherwise.

3 Likes

I believe I have already answered this

We will not text him/her saying “We’re from SWAPD’ or Got your info somewhere and I would like to have some great work with you”

@Brant give me 5 doler

I own only 5 dogecoins l😕

interesting

Our biggest asset is trust. We would never in a million years jeopardize this by exposing methods. Users, on the other hand, have no problem breaking our rules by going offsite, which happens a lot in these closed deals. This ends now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Now we kind of want to know who, please.

1 Like

My 2 cent

I have spoken outside of swapd many times when random users DMd me on my Instagram accounts but since I joined in 2018’ I have never tried to risk making a deal offsite. Why would I trust a stranger when I have the most trusted middleman in my disposal.

Not because I like swapd, but the trust swapd gives me to make a deal with someone that’s 5000 km away from me is priceless. Plus 8% fees is too fvckin low. Charity if you ask me. They take the risk to make me feel safe and I sleep like a baby.

I would like to communicate with slow response service providers privately so my clients believe I own the plug to the service I provide by having them in a separate chat that doesn’t reveal swapd as that ruins the middleman (service resell) on my end. At the end of the day when it comes to money I would still always open a ticket here.

Why? Because It removes the risk factor on my end if service provider screws me over.

3 Likes

Bumping because some sellers still didn’t see this.

1 Like

Dammit that means I can’t be friends with @GOAT

1 Like