Coronavirus - Mega thread

Same here. It also sends text messages to those who came from highly infected countries, etc.

1 Like

I’m still holding onto 1 bitcoin, at least. If you truly believe it bitcoin, buying more at cheaper prices is OKAY.

1 Like

It is blessing to have an online business. I still have one that’s thriving money-wise and it is listed on SWAPD! I read reports that advertisers could lower their budgets due to the economic crisis, but I haven’t seen it yet.

2 Likes

I was holding all my funds in BTC and I lost my earnings from like the past 4 months because of the drop. That sucks.

1 Like

Sameeeee

1 Like

You don’t lose anything if you don’t sell. Buying more at lower prices is not a viable option for everyone, so I understand the stress!

It’s fine to re-assess your beliefs but considering Bitcoin is still above 5k is very telling!

3 Likes

Seems like Corona attacked our Monetization too. Facebook has announced that due to COVID-19 publishers and creators may face difficulties in monetization (In-Stream & Instant Articles). The offices are completely empty with only 5-10% people working for payouts at the moment. It’s a lockdown in affected countries so the problems we may face in these days are,

• Videos aren’t being reviewed for ads.
• Non-English Videos automatically gets Yellow and doesn’t go green again.
• Issues with Instant Articles
• Delay in payments or maybe no payments.
• No invoice or remmittance mail

These things will happen to us for sure. However old videos which are already reviewed by Facebook and currently monetized will have no affection and will work fine.

You may also experience bugs in Creator Studio while checking your estimated earnings.

Please don’t panic and keep in mind. Facebook office is empty. So your appeals will also doesn’t work. It will be automatically rejected by bots. No real humans will be helping you out in the meantime.

Be safe!

2 Likes

Huge loss for our catering business from 60+ assignments a month to none. Well safety first.

@Asap1 is right. They’re down.

2 Likes

Not only that , even ads are taking so much time to get reviewed.
Support not even working at all.
Like everything stopped there aswell.

2 Likes

It’s even affecting the monetization of pages overall. Getting incorrectly flagged and demonetized for non eligible country.

Facebook opened their ig page https://instagram.com/facebook/
With support number +1 650-853-1300

1 Like

We’re also seeing the weirdest thing with TransferWise. Over the past few days payments just keep bouncing back to us for no reason. IDEK why. Do they need to be approved by staff and since staff are lacking they’re bouncing back?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/robleathern/status/1240610938014896128?s=19

They already notified advertisers that ads will take longer to review.

1 Like

A perspective from our end. On ViralAccounts.com we usually receive 30-50 leads on a slow day to 100-120 on a good day. Today, when I’ve opened my inbox, I’ve found only 4 leads. Never seen such a slump in activity. On SWAPD for the past few days we’re closing more old ticket vs starting new, I have so much free time now I am able to work on the backend getting ready for a big update.

As far as the pandemic and real-life situations, China apparently has it under control now. 30-40 new cases per day, compare that to Italy where they have 3000-4000 new cases every 24 hours. More deaths now in Italy than in China. But I would take what the Chinese government is telling the world with a grain of salt. My friend who owns a chain of retail stores ships a few containers per month from China. Last night he spoke to his Chinese contact and asked how are things on their end. “We’re not allowed to talk about it” because “we can face up to 5 years in jail” was her response. Not sure if this was a joke, I would love to find out.

If you’re a SWAPD member from China, we would love if you could confirm this.

3 Likes

Yes. I am seeing these with wires too. Some that used to come to me in 1-2 days are taking a week.

Reason is, bank wires above a certain amount require manual approval, and with bank staffs not doing normal working hours - this has become painfully slow.

I just hope my gateway pays in time or else I’m dooooooooooooooomed.

1 Like

We’re already catching heat from members who do not understand this. I’ve actually received a “But I received another wire without a delay so there shouldn’t be any problems with yours…” response today.

1 Like

Expecting lockdown any day in London, UK. I’ve seen a few friends of mine loose a lot of business and a lot of people (even in our industry) are scared. I myself just lost a big client (off site) due to the virus. Gutted.

SWAPD is so slow I was able to update all screenshots in our tutorials (to reflect the new layout) and spell check our Knowledge Base.

1 Like

Ive given up trying to make any $$ these days. Ps4 24/7 . Stay safe guys

5 Likes