[RESOLVED] Paxful.com - Straight up fraud. How Paxful.com took our 100,000 USD deposit and froze our account a day later

Paxful.com is now evil and we consider it an enemy.

Just a short day ago we believed that we’ve finally found a great company to host our crypto on. From the awesome TrustPilot reviews to random positive articles found on the web. On top of it, the platform featured everything we needed. We’ve verified ourselves to the highest possible level, funded our wallets with 100 000 USD in various crypto, only to have those assets frozen not even 24 hours later.

Hi! Your assets are frozen for violating terms of service. You can’t withdraw your money.
– Paxful

That’s the only response we’ve received. To add insult to injury, we were instructed to talk to an artificial intelligence bot who only started a support ticket. After reading some horror stories on Reddit, we don’t expect to hear from them any time soon.

Do NOT use Paxful.com, ever.

After doing some research, a large number of victims are popping up all over the web. These poor souls landed in the same situation as us. Tens of thousands of dollars were frozen by Paxful, with no proper customer support. Some victims have been waiting 6 months for a response, and many of them never recovered their funds. There is no phone number you can call, no email you can write, you can only talk to an AI-chat bot who will start a support ticket for you the will lead to nowhere. Our company has filed complaints with the IC3, FTC, SEC, and BB against Paxful Holdings Inc. The company finally reached to us via email, but they have told us that our funds are on hold and they’re unable to tell me when their “internal review” will be completed.

Yet again, we’re in the same spot we were when we lost our previous wallet (Binance)

Don’t worry, your deposits are safe.

We don’t have access to them but we will not let you down and will cover (if needed) any lost funds. We will also not let this go lightly and will fight this if they don’t respond in a timely manner.

Until further notice, every single crypto-penny will now be stored on hardware devices. We no longer trust any third-party wallets with your allocated SWAPD funds. We wanted to have an online wallet for convenience, but it seems this is becoming an impossible task.

Until further notice, incoming/outgoing crypto payments will suffer delays.

Using hardware for sending/receiving crypto is inconvenient. It relies on one person who holds the keys to do all the work. So, starting today, and until further notice, the following changes will occur:

• Incoming crypto payments will be confirmed twice a day. Morning and night time, central European time.
  • Outgoing crypto payouts will follow the same schedule. Once in the morning and a second time during the night hours. Again, in central European time.

Note: PayPal and bank wire payments are not affected.

Thank you for reading and we apologize for this recent mayhem.

22 Likes

That’s Not Good! They just froze 100k.

Never tried crypto.com and blockchain.com but how are they in these kinda things?

1 Like

I can tell you right now, that you probably won’t find anything more cumbersome and difficult than crypto.com. We’ve also used Blockchain in the past, but we left them for good reasons.

Without putting words into Swapd’s mouth, I don’t think we’ll easily go back to online wallets unless we can get an actual corporate account/wallet somewhere.

6 Likes

After taking a closer look at their TrustPilot page, I can safely say most of these comments are bought. The vast majority of them come from Nigeria, Russia, Ghana, Pakistan, India, Philippines, etc. Some of the comments don’t even make sense and they’re just quick one-liners from accounts with only ONE review.

1 Like

BlockChain.com is the most buggy thing we’ve ever seen. And we’ve stopped trusting them after trying to withdraw a larger sum to our bank account. The status was pending for WEEKS. It only went through after we started emptying the crypto wallets. Not a single email from support. Never again.

Which platform were you using initally?

I am not surprised by this. There’s a reason nobody had heard of paxful

2 Likes

BlockChain > Binance.com > Paxfraud.

At least Binance.com gives you the option to withdraw funds when they want to part with you, even though if you don’t withdraw the money in 72 hours they will steal it from you. Scumbag policies, these companies are utter trash. Perhaps we should start doing the same. Every banned member will have funds frozen? Can you imagine that?

Hopefully you recover your funds. It’s a large sum of money ! If you’re tired of assets being frozen and not able to withdraw why don’t you use a non custodial wallet ? It means you have full control over your assets, and no kyc, nobody can bother you. Like trust wallet for example

1 Like

We will explore that, later. For now, taking a break from all of this.

1 Like

Here’s what i found on their website, you said it’s frozen so it’s temporary according to that i think

Swapd , is there anything , that we can help you? :slight_smile: If so , please tell us and we will try our best! we are with you! :heart:

3 Likes

If that can help

I have just read a Tweet on their profile from one user who has been waiting for a year to get his funds back. So, I am not being optimistic here at all.

I didn’t think Paxful was such an insensitive company.

2 Likes

Was reading the same now on bitcointalk :neutral_face:

1 Like

This guy had his funds frozen on August 6th, no response from Paxful at all:
https://www.reddit.com/r/paxful/comments/ptbbba/my_paxful_account_is_still_freez/

I hope this will help you in some way to get your money back

FTC Fraud Report has been filed.

On to ConsumerFinance.gov

11 Likes