Introducing new security policies - The Safety Concern Badge and browser/device fingerprinting

As SWAPD grows, so does the number of transactions and the amount of scams. Due to the increased amount of problematic tickets, we are introducing new policies in place the should help us limit those pesky conmen.

So, what’s new?

The Safety Concern badge.

The Safety Concern Badge is a custom user group where members are added when/if they trigger any red flags, or violate SWAPD security policies. It was designed to warn other SWAPD users to take extra caution with anyone who is currently in the group. The inclusion into this group isn’t permanent, it’s only a safety precaution which was designed to protect our members. SWAPD strives to be the safest place to buy/sell/trade properties and services related to social media, we take the safety of our members very seriously. Instead of making signups harder, or banning entire countries, we will let users decide whether they want to take a risk and transact with a person who was branded with our new badge. To learn more about the badge, click here.

Device/browser fingerprinting.

In a GDPR compliant way, that is. We’re rolling out a big update that will allow us to track repeat offenders (banned members who sign up under new IP/phone number) in a sophisticated way. Changing a phone number/IP is easy, getting multiple devices is not. Hopefully, this will also help us in reducing scams.

This update is being rolled out during this week, it will take us some time to update our TOS and policies. We please ask for your patience.

For more info, please visit:

16 Likes

I wanted to buy an asset today. I asked if they used PayPal and what country the account for sale originated from.
Their response was they only go through bank transfer as they feel PayPal is a big risk.
The seller also didn’t bother answering my country question.
As someone in Australia, I haven’t been able to find a straight answer that assures trust in any sellers yet.

Please PM me with any questions you may have.

Thanks for replying. Sorry I didn’t know if this was the right place to voice my concerns/rant.
I’ll pm, I’m still just waiting for the right thing to come up.

2 Likes

No feedback, so I assume this change isn’t as welcomed as I hope it would be :smiley:

Really nice improvements to keep the community secure. Good going Swapd !!

1 Like

Why are you so afraid to apply it. Apply it for 3 months as Pilot Project, see the results and then extend it or suspend it.

1 Like

That’s a fantastic idea!

1 Like

Just wanted to update everyone on how things panned out since we’ve introduced the badge.

The good:

• We are seeing a drop in problematic tickets. However, I am not sure if the badge is responsible OR we just had a lucky streak.
  • We’re seeing potentially bad users quit before they start. The odds stacked up for them (and the inconvenience) scares away potential threats.
  • Serious sellers/buyers from problematic countries are working their way up with successful transactions and are getting close to getting the badge removed.

The bad:

• We’re being profiled as racists on some sites.
  • We’re getting negative reviews on review sites.

So far, the good far outweighs the bad, so the badge stays.

2 Likes

I have seen some of the negative reviews and I must say it’s pretty sad. Everyone who comes to SWAPD with good intentions will understand that the badge was introduced to protect both buyers and sellers so the only people complaining are the ones which were the reason for it to be added in the first place.

2 Likes