Which countries do you consider the most problematic as far as scammers go?

This two things are more than enough to check the history which is available to pulbic

Instagram

Facebook

Yeah, you and I know all of that. I was mainly talking about first time buyers that don’t know the in’s and out’s of vetting a page. For swapd to grow, we have to create an environment that newbies can come and feel comfortable spending money here.

That’s all I was saying.

That’s why we trash the listing :grimacing:

And swapd should add this as a checklist during checkout…!

Buyers should check about the acocunt / page transparency.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with any of that!

I’m from Pakistan and I’m offended that’s not cool you cant ban all the country just because of some retards they are from every single country I have never scammed anyone in my life and cant even imagine it I have dealt with people off site on some big forums like hackforums etc just ban the scammers not the whole country that’s not a smart move cuz i have noticed theres some big sellers from Pakistan I got scammed by indians nigerians and even someone from USA but on another forum so you cant say Pakistan is the problem good and bad people are everywhere mate

1 Like

They aren’t saying they’re going to ban, just make you jump through hoops to prove your legitimacy, which I think is fair enough.

@austinlawson your ideas are probably the best solution, except for the “Every page would receive an evaluation from the SWAPD” - This isn’t possible. SWAPD sometimes gets 500 posts per day, the site keeps growing, and with an average daily chore of watching 80-90 tickets, it’s impossible to do vet every single property. Or should I say, it is possible, but not in the budget? Anyway, many good suggestions here. Thank you for your input.

1 Like

I dont think its fair for the seller swapd to evaluate an account. Just sayin

Disputed!

I’ve cleaned some of the comments here, we respect everyone’s opinion. Let’s not slide away from the the real issues being addressed here: Scammers.

7 Likes

Wonder why you dont see nigerian scammers?
Well the inheritance money finally came through
Now on the real issue, im afraid no regulation can stop the scams from those places because its a way of living there.
People see politicians, businessmen etc stealing and living life every day without nothing happening to them so that’s all they know. :slight_smile:
The only solution would be holding up their payments until they have made like 3 succesful sales

2 Likes

Doubt they’d do that, as I believe (at least for now) most of the services are from other places and resold here. - Could be completely wrong though

Yep,
Like 90% of the scammers out there are from Nigeria and actually the government encourage people to scam.

1 Like

Pakistan don’t have Paypal,
i liked the suggestion of asking the seller about the history.
reselling is the main issue, those who work to make property from scratch should also be protected like buyers. As they are providing products / services which makes Swapd the best platform.

1 Like

What is if every time a new member tries to sell his first property, potential buyers who press the checkout ticket, get notified that it‘s the sellers first transaction and what country he comes from.

So this is our response to the recent problem with increased scams:

We hope this is the solution to the problem. We’re not forcefully blocking anyone, we’re leaving the decision up to the buyers whether they want to take the risk. The most important thing is that we now have a decent warning system in place and a chance for users from problematic countries to prove themselves.

4 Likes

@SWAPD i heard you missed them :laughing:

1 Like

One of these days we will see a mugshot of Barisha up there :smiley:

6 Likes

Brazil / Argentina and South America in general

India is the country where there are most fraudulent people

2 Likes